10:00a.m. I'm back at the hotel thinking I might go to Munich and walk around to see what I can get myself into. I also needed to get a charger for my phone because the one I brought doesn't work. The trip into Munich was pretty straight forward. I had a transfer in rosenheim and then a straight shot to Munich.
When I arrived in Munich my plans were to go to the apple store down in marienplatz and then get some lunch. When I got to the apple store the lady working there. Let me know that one of my charger pins broke out and I had to either replace the phone or find a repair store. I am not getting a new phone in Europe and paying almost double so I decided to look around for a repair store.
I walked the a resturaunt first so I could fill my stomach, I got a sausage and some mashed potatoes at a little underground resturaunt called " jean Claude bistro". The food was really good and the atmosphere was nice too. After lunch I wandered around the streets aimlessly looking of a shop that repairs iPhones.
When I was just about to give up and take the next train back to brannenburg I stumbled upon a little hole in the wall store in the main train station. I was so happy. The guy in the shop was really nice and told me that it would take one day so I needed to come back tomorrow and pick it up. I then hopped on the next train back to brannenburg. I was pretty tired so I slept on the train ride. When I returned, the bicycle that I rode had a flat tire and I was lucky that Dr. Weber had a pump in the bicycle. I thought that maybe some kids let the air out because when I pumped it up it was holding air. I rode back to the hotel to regroup before it was time to go to dinner at the Klinik.
5:15 I went down to my bike and the tire was flat again. This is really annoying to me. I pumped it up and made it to the Klinik with out an issue. The dinner was good. I had creamy marjoram soup and a caprese salad. I was full when I left and the tire had enough air that I just topped it off and headed back to the hotel. I was awake for maybe twenty minutes in my room before dozing off.
12:30 a.m. I awoke starving, luckily I grabbed some fruit from the Klinik at dinner time and brought it with me. I ate 2 kiwis, 1 apple, 1 bannana, and some grapes. It just didn't fully satisfy my hunger pangs. I laid awake until 3:30 before I dozed back off. I awoke at 8:00 and couldn't get to breakfast quick enough. I ate a huge bowl of cereal and a sandwich. I also had a soft boiled egg and some orange juice. I asked the owner if they possibly had a room with a tub and he said no but that they do have a tub and no one ever uses it. My body has been really achy, and I needed a good soak. I went back to my room after breakfast and fell asleep for another three hours before I was awoken by the owner asking if I wanted to see where the tub was. I took this opportunity to bathe my aches away. It really helped, I stayed in the tub for a good hour.
After I was feeling re-energized, I walked to the train station so I could go pick up my phone and do a little grocery shopping so I don't starve anymore in the middle of the night. I got to the train station with about twenty minutes to spare so I sat and people watched for a little while. I watched these two girls and a guy talking and one of the girls I think was giving the other one a hard time because she jumped up really defensively, even though she was laughing you could tell she was embarrassed.
It's funny how you can pick up so much just by body language. I have been paying attention a lot since I can't understand a lick of what people are saying. I arrived in Munich around 2:20 and went to the repair shop. On my way I was stopped by the police in a "random" passport check. They wanted to know what my business was at the train station and If I had any drugs, or weapons on me. I did have pain killers in an unmarked container which was freaking great because they were all suspicious of me at this point. I calmly explained my business in Germany and they let me go after about ten minutes of questions and pat downs. I finally got to the repair shop and the dude at the counter who told me yesterday to be back at two thirty, said that my phone wasn't ready yet and to come back at six. Now I had to kill 3 1/2 hours.
I walked through Munich again, to marienplatz again. I went into a back alley resturaunt and got some food. I ate slowly because I had so much time to kill. The food was delicious, I had slices of pork knuckle, with sourkraut, and mashed potatoes. As I slowly made my way back to the main station, I saw my favorite street performer. He was just finishing up and I had a chance to talk to him for a minute. I ended up buying his CD this time.
I walked into a church, and took some pictures. The ceilings had to of been eighty feet high. This place was so extravagant. All the detail in the finishes of these old buildings is just so fascinating to me. I left the church and kept on slowly making my way back to the station. When I got there it was quarter to five and I was hoping that they maybe finished my phone early. No dice! I had to kill more time. I went to the food court and got some breads and sandwiches for incase I wake up starving again.
I was planning to possibly meet Sandra in strousbourg on Friday so I went to the travel agency and looked at prices and travel times. I ended up getting a round trip ticket for Friday thru Sunday. This should be a fun time. A family friend named Chantal lives there and we will stay with her for two nights.
So, 5:30 and I'm still waiting. I sat at a table right outside the shop and was approached by some drunk homeless dude named Ronnie of rabbit hill. This crazy dude was telling me all sorts of weird shit. He reeked of booze and kept trying to light up his cigarette in the building. I was stuck talking to him for about twenty minutes before I finally escaped to get my phone.
6:25 I got my phone and I'm on my way back to brannenburg. There were some high school kids on the train that were in the back getting drunk and really loud. This was annoying to me because there were some older women sitting by me and I felt the kids were being disrespectful. Had I been in the u.s.a I probably would have said something. I don't know what little German punks are capable of. I got back to brannenburg and walked back to the hotel. I took a log bath and then had some FaceTime with my kiddos. They seem so happy. I miss them a lot but this will be over in the blink of an eye and then I won't have to leave them anymore.
I hope that everyone enjoyed this blog. I will be back on daily's tomorrow. Thanks for the support. With love from Germany. Lucas
No comments:
Post a Comment