Today started out nicely. I awoke at 6:00, looked out the window and it was looking to me that the weather is going to be cold. I took my time getting out of bed, as I was dreading riding my bike in the cold. 6:35 I got out of bed, threw on some warm clothing, and went out to my bike. The weather wasn't as frigid as it looked. I hopped on the bike and rode to the klinik. when I got there, I was greeted by the Buzzard. She was going to get me going on the hyperthermia. I laid down and started the treatment.
8:00, I finished my hyperthermia without the buzzard lurking too much! I went down to breakfast where i was greeted by Liz! Fuck!! She was complaining to some other patients about every little EFFing thing that she could possibly complain about. I am hoping that I can avoid her like the plague for the time that she is here. She approached me to ask if I have been given a certain type of chemo therapy called Xeloda. This is the same chemo that I have been on since I came here last time. I, trying to be nice told her that I have been on it and that my results are great and that I think my positive attitude helps. She looked at me with a sideways glance like "Ohh, he is still on this positivity trip?" My stomach started to get upset in the two minutes of talking to her and i almost didn't want to eat my breakfast. Luckily, she got the clue that I wasn't really wanting to converse with her, and walked away. Thank god!
I finished my breakfast in peace. After breakfast, I went into the lobby so that I could start to chip away at my blog. A man from England was sitting in the lobby too. He and his wife had just arrived yesterday. His name is John, and his wife has cervical cancer. She received surgery in february and the Surgeons removed 22 lymph nodes, and the tumor. They found that cancer had only traveled to one of the lymph nodes. John said that they had a scan two weeks ago and she is still in remission. They are here just to make sure that they take care of all of the cancer once and for all. I told John that I believed they made the right decision in coming to Germany before taking radiation, and chemo.
John, and I continued to talk for a good twenty minutes about our careers. He is also in the construction industry. He is in demolition, and deals a lot with asbestos. Yikes! We also talked about the positive and negative effects that the mind can create in the body. He said that the past couple of months have been really tough, but that he thinks him and his wife had been able to accept a lot and it has been easier since they have done this. I, of course gave my opinion, which I always tend to do. He seemed to be very accepting of what I had to say. He is a nice man.
After my conversation with John, I went up to the nurses station for some shots and to get rolling on my treatments. First, I had my magnetic field. The buzzard pointed the applicators at my stomach instead of my liver, which I had to fix. I don't think she really pays attention to what she's doing. Next, I had the adulating massage. This is really relaxing to me. I can get a massage and read at the same time. After the massage, I did the biomat treatment. The last treatment before lunch was the foot bath. They usually finish this treatment with a foot rub, but the buzzard was the one doing it so I had to pass. I really get a negative feeling from this nurse, and I hope that it changes. Some people just rub me the wrong way and she is a pro at it.
I went back down to the lobby for a while and sat across from a little Italian girl. She was drawing pictures of all sorts of little people. I really enjoyed watching her draw, it reminded me a lot of Camille when she is drawing. This brought the positive feelings back into my body. I was in a very happy place at this particular moment. 12:00 and it is time for lunch. I went to my table and there was an older woman and her son-in-law sitting there. The woman comes here every six months for maintenance. She had an operation three years ago on her breast and did treatment only at the klinik. She has been in remission since the surgery. This is great news to hear. I think it would have been really good news to hear for Liz, but she wasn't at lunch. Anyways, we talked about this and that. She had lots of questions for me and i answered to the best of my abilities. The lunch was yummy, I had ratatouille, and some yoghurt style dessert.
After the lunch, I went to meet with Dr. Weber. He wanted to talk blood work, and of course all of mine is looking better. My liver tests, which are the most important right now are all looking great. My white blood cells are higher then normal range, which means that they are perfect for fighting cancer. Dr. Weber is very happy with these results, as am I. I went back to the dining area where it was time for tea and cake. Normally I skip this, but today I have to stick around the klinik for my massage at 3:30. I grabbed some coffee, and a slice of strawberry, custard, and angel food cake. It was like heaven!
Just as I finished my cake, John entered the room. We started to chat and then were joined by a lady for whom I haven't got her name. Then Richard, another patient entered the room, and we all started to chat. We shared experiences, and treatments we were offered. It was a really good conversation, that lasted almost an hour before I had to leave for Marcus. 3:30 massage with Marcus. we worked on my feet today, and talked about the united States. He said that he would love to visit there one day, but that he thinks that he needs a couple of months. He really wants to soak in all the different sights. I thought this was really cool. He was also interested in the native american culture, which was a little surprising to me, but I'm all for it.
When I was done with my reflexology, I went back to the hotel to regroup before dinner. I took a shower and shaved. I didn't have a bunch of time so I got dressed and headed back to the klinik. When I got in the dining room, one of the servers was still setting up. I went to grab some fruit a little early and she snapped at me. Well I snapped back and said that Im a patient and Im hungry. She didn't come back out of the kitchen the rest of the evening. I kinda felt bad, but If Im hungry, I should be able to eat. I talked to a man from australia named Doug. He was a miner for many years, and has lung cancer that metastasized to the brain. He's a real nice guy, and I enjoy talking with him also. Dinner was good, It was a vegetable quiche. When dinner was over, I rode back to the klinik to finish the blog.
I'm going to leave you today, and catch some sleep. I am really tired. I hope you enjoyed the blog. Tune in tomorrow. Love Lucas
No comments:
Post a Comment