Monday, April 29, 2013

day#5

Good morning to me and Good night to you! ha ha, 6:00A.M. and I'm getting up for a 7:00A.M. appointment at the klinik. I slowly arose with some water and half of a sandwich so that I could take my medications without bombing my stomach. I went to get my bike and pump up the tire for the trip to the klinik. I will be asking the secretary today if she can get the tire fixed for me or a different bike. 7:00A.M. and I'm at the klinik to get hyperthermia. the nurse who is here this morning is newer to the klinik and doesn't speak very good english at all. She is actually quite a snarly nurse and she hovers too. This is so annoying to me when people hover over you, I just want to push them when they do this. This nurse is not starting her relationship out with me good at all.
I was hoping to get my infusions while I got my hyperthermia but this didn't happen today. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to get them at the same time. I asked for the earliest appointments as possible, that is why this week I have to come in at 7:00A.M. So after my hyperthermia appointment, I went down to breakfast at the klinik. This week they are going to feed me since i have to come in so early. I had two eggs, soft boiled and some bread and coffee. I was talking to a poet named Ron Bankley from Canada about my exciting weekend in Munich.
I realized at 8:30 that i had an appointment with Marcus for a back massage. I rushed to his office and we started. He felt that i have been carrying a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck. I told him that for the past couple of days I have been having a lot of pain in this area. He told me that he was very excited for the weekend because his three best friends and him have a mens weekend that one of his friends organized and its a surprise. He said that they go by train to wherever it is and just be men for the weekend. This sounds really fun to me.
9:00 I wandered up to the nurses station and got a shot in my butt cheek, then I went to have my magnetic field treatment. Again the hovering nurse was standing over me like a buzzard in the desert waiting for me to drop from heat exhaustion. In fact, from now on she will be known as the buzzard. When my magnetic field was over I decided to do an Adulating Massage which is a table that vibrates and adds heat to the body as it massages. Its kinda weird at first but then its really nice. Im reading a book called "Words Fail Me" and it is about how to write. Its all about the common errors that people make when writing and also helps you to realize the audience to whom you are writing for. Its very interesting. Every time that I look up from this book though the Buzzard is circling around.
I had only one last treatment in the buzzards room and that was the biomat so I sucked it up and knocked it out. When i was finished it was 10:30 and I only had one more appointment and that was with Melanie one of my favorites and she would take my blood and return it and also give me my vitamins. I had to sit in the lobby though because this appointment wasn't until 11:00. When I got to the lobby Liz was there and she was asking me all sorts of questions to which I had really short responses. I went into the Infusion room to see if Melanie could get me in ASAP so I didn't have to sit with Liz. She  got me in so, thank god.
I laid there getting these infusions and Melanie and i talked a lot about our children and life struggles and what not. She is a very nice person with a lot of good advice. I really enjoy talking to her. After my infusions she offered me a hot pack for my liver and I took it. I laid there for another twenty minutes and Ron came in and was holding a book. He said that he had something for me and handed me this book that was signed by him and it was a collection of all his poetry. I thought this was a very nice gesture. I thanked him and said that I would take a look at it later.
12:00 lunch time at the klinik. I had some soup, creamy herb and mushroom ragout. It was pretty good. Not the best meal I've had though. I talked a long while with the woman from the U.K. and her mother, also a man from Austrailia. These are all nice people. We talked about british television and comedy. I enjoyed that part of lunch time. After lunch I went back to the hotel where I laid down for a couple minutes and woke up at eight. I was pretty tired I think. I decided to go get something to eat at the Italian place around the corner. I had gnocchi, and bruschetta. It was delicious.
After dinner, I came back to the hotel and thought that i might as well get this blog out to all of you so thats what I did. I hope that you all enjoy it. Love from Germany. Lucas

1 comment:

  1. The food they serve there sounds much better than the food they would serve in an American hospital!

    ReplyDelete