Thursday, May 2, 2013

day#8

                Hello, and welcome back to another great blog by me. ;) I slept really good last night, and when I woke up I felt well rested. I got dressed right away and went straight to the klinik. My vulture awaited my arrival, so she could soar around me like roadkill. I started my hyperthermia, and fell asleep after about ten minutes. I kept waking up in a panic that "the buzz" would be standing over me, then falling back to sleep. A sudden sense that someone was in the room came over me and "Ahhhhhh," never mind, its just Melanie. What a relief that is. I went straight down to breakfast following the Hyperthermia. It's Liz's last day, and she is still at her normal shenanigans. Complaining, worrying, and listening. She leaving at lunch so thats a relief. I enjoyed my usual, two soft boiled's, bread w/ jam, meats, and some coffee.
                As I sat at my table eating, I listened to the people at the table across the room. they were talking to Liz, and the conversation was everything negative around cancer. They were criticizing the food we were getting, the treatments, the Dr., and another patients diet. Its annoying to me when people think they have all the answers. I know that I don't, but I have some experience with treatments, and diets. I was biting my tongue; then I decided to chime in when one of the patients was talking about sugar. He was saying that It was preposterous that offer us sugar when we have cancer because they know how it effects the cancer. He said that he thinks they want to keep us sick. I then spoke up and said that the reason I think sugar is offered to us is, for the mental effects that it has on us. I don't believe that it's for nutritional value at all. I just basically said that even the "bad" stuff is ok in moderation, but maybe don't live on candy bars. The tone of the conversation switched at that point and I was able to peacefully finish my breakfast.
                  I went back up stairs for a foot bath. I sat next to Ron's wife, can't remember her name, but she is a really nice woman. They're canadian, and she is really friendly. We talked about the weather, It had started raining today, with lightning storms. I was loving, watching this from the window. I said how I would like a little snow again, and she just looked at me like "you take that back!" I forgot how much snow canadians get. But, I would like a day or two of snow again. When my foot bath was done, I was summoned by Melanie to get my blood treatment, and my vitamins.
                 I laid on the bed where they give Biomat treatments, and Melanie came in to take my blood for lab tests. She then started the Ozone treatment. We talked about the festival that she attended yesterday, and she said that she had a good time. I really enjoy talking with this nurse, She has good advice and she listens to what I have to say as well. When the ozone was done we switched to the vitamins. I closed my eyes during this infusion. It was very relaxing at this moment, with the weather, and the atmosphere. When the treatment was through, I decided to stay on this bed and do the biomat treatment. Melanie brought me a hot pack as well. I napped through this treatment. The hot pack felt great on the liver.
                I went to the other room where buzz was waiting for me. I got on to the adulating massage table, and got myself a good ol' shake down. I get this treatment with heat and it's really rejuvenating. I then jumped over to the magnetic field treatment. Nothing special to say about this one, except that i got to listen to my iPod. Yippee! After the magnetic field, it was lunch. I went down and had Salad, Creamy broccoli soup, Beef Patties and Mashers, and for dessert; Blueberries in yoghurt. It was very yummy lunch today. No negative talk from the peanut gallery. That in it self made my lunch more enjoyable.
                After my lunch, I went back to the hotel, where I watched some Modern Family, and worked on my blog for a while. I had a 4:00P.M. appointment with Marcus so, I had a few hours to kill. I went back to the klinik at 3:30 and there was cake time in the dining area. I had a piece, it was a marbled bundt cake. It was delicious, not too sweet at all. I had a second piece. Gunther and Angela walked in around 3:50 so, I had a few minutes to chat with them before I had to head into my appointment. Gunther has been getting visited from his wife often, she has got time off from work since he's sick. He says that he will be having to go home next weekend because the insurance will not be able to keep him here. This is sad to me because he doesn't do well at home. I feel that without the klinik, he might not be able to remain strong enough. I had to go to Marcus but, I will talk to Gunther some more and hope that the insurance will let him stay.
                 Marcus, the man with the magic hands was great. He did some reflexology on me. We talked about diet, and the vibe at the klinik. I told him what I got from the vibe, and he told me his side of the drama. The kitchen crew is a tight knit, secretaries are all cool, but the nurses; they have a problem with one of the nurses. "The Buzzard" It seems that she doesn't just rub me the wrong way. He told me not to tell anyone, but none of you would rat me out, right? ;) Hahaha, "As The Infusions Drip" New Soap Opera coming this fall!!  Anyways, I finished my appointment and rode back to town for some spaghetti. I went to my room with my food and ate like a king. Now, Im just finishing this blog for you, and getting ready to turn in. I hope you all enjoy, you always do. Love ya. Lucas
               

No comments:

Post a Comment