Ok so, when I left off last, I had went up to wendelstien on the train and got some amazing views. That was Tuesday.....
So, Wednesday. I got to come in to the klinik a little later then usual. Dr. Weber wanted to take a little break from the hyperthermia treatment, due to some pain I have been having by my rib cage. I told him that this has been there for a while now and to start the treatment again ASAP. I had my Massage with Marcus at 9:30. He worked my shoulder again, and this time used some hot chili pepper infused oil and this really helped to relax the muscles. After my appointment with Marcus, I went up to have a foot bath. I never let the buzzard rub my feet, because I'm creeped out by her. When I was wiping off my feet, Steffie came in and said that she would rub my feet, but I didn't want to hurt the buzzards feelings.
My next appointment was with the bio-mat table and that felt really relaxing. I listened to some music and played mahjong on my iPad. I then had my magnetic field treatment. I sat and played more mahjong to help pass the time. Since I wasn't getting Hyperthermia, I needed to get my infusions in the infusion room. I got my infusions and then was ready to go back to my hotel. I rode my bicycle to the store first to get some bread and some tuna. I got back to the room and made tuna sandwiches with apple slices in them. They were so delicious!
The rest of the day was basically, a lazy day. I watched some Vampire Diaries, Napped, Woke up, and got some more food. I spent a portion of the evening, Laying in the bathtub. When the water would get cold, I would drain some and replenish with fresh hot water. Sometimes a hot bath is all that I need to get happy. When I was basically a Prune, I decided that maybe I should get out. I climbed into my bed, and watched some more Vamp! At some point I dozed off!!
Thursday morning I woke up in pain and needed to take my medications before I tried to get ready for the day. I laid in bed for a good hour before I decided to start moving around. I went into the klinik to get breakfast before my massage appointment. I ran into Dr. Weber outside of the klinik, and we walked in together. He said that he wanted to talk to me about my recent blood work. I told him that I would be up after my massage. I went and got myself some breakfast, and coffee. I was feeling ready to take on the world now so, I went and got a massage. Don't get me wrong, I can still take on the world while being pampered. Marcus and I talked about Burning Man festival, and Woodstock. He is very interested in the hippie culture. I told him that I'm in an area that is populated with many so, to come and see me when ever he wants.
After my Massage, I went to see Dr. Weber. He was busy like always, and I had to sit and wait for a little while. When we got into his office, I told him that the pain in my ribs is still there and asked what else this could be. He doesn't really know, I will have to get a scan when I get home. He told me that once again, My blood work all looks great, and that He will start my hyperthermia up again on friday. He asked if everything else was Ok with me, and I told him that I'm better today then I was yesterday. He said that, thats's all that matters. When you're going thru all these different things you just need the days to keep looking better. I agreed with him. He's a good person to talk with.
I went down to have my Infusions. They put me on the bio-mat bed in the hyperthermia room. Mark was getting his hyperthermia, so we just chatted the time away so quickly. we talked about my story, and his story. He mentioned how he's not very trusting of people because he feels that he's always being taken advantage of. I told him that I understand his feelings. I really enjoyed the talk with him. Since I was getting my infusion on the bio-mat I figured that I might as well get the treatment as well. Two birds, one stone. Last, I had magnetic field. I left the klinik, and returned to the hotel. The weather was really nice, so I decided to hop on a train. I went to Austria for the first time, and wished that I would have gone before. I love this town Kufstien. It's very cool.
I got off the train, and walked across a bridge into the heart of the town. There were tons of shops, cafes, and Ice cream shops too. I walked around the town trying to get lost. I would pop into stores that looked interesting. The people here are really polite too. This really makes me feel welcome when people are Inviting. I shopped a little bit for my kids and for Leon and Ashlieghs kids. The kids are important to me, and that why they will get gifts when I return.
On my way back to the train, I stopped and grabbed an Ice cream cone. I had Kiwi, and Lemon in a waffle cone. Damn, it was good. I got my ticket and got on to the train. There was some drunk old lady sitting by me. She reeked of booze, and was talking to herself. I was trying to be patient with her but then she lit up a cigarette on the train and I had to get up and move to another car. This was annoying to me, because there are huge "No Smoking" signs all over the train and drunk people, even the old ones, have no respect! The train arrived back in Brannenburg, and I went to the hotel for a little while.
I went to get dinner at the Italian place. I ordered a steak, and some risotto with a salad. The food was good but, the steak was really rare. I didn't want to send it back though so I toughed it out. I won't order steak there again. I returned to the hotel and watched many episodes of the Vampire Diaries before retiring to bed. I would have to say that I had a pretty good day.
I awoke this morning with no pain. I set my alarm to go off in the middle of the night to remind me to take my meds. I had an Eight a.m. Hyperthermia appointment. I got to the klinik and got my shots before my Hyperthermia. The appointment went slow because I wasn't getting infusions. I finished and went down to have a bowl of cereal before my Massage. During my massage, we talked about the woodstock festival a little bit more, and we also talked about the plays that he has written. I am very interested in his plays, he has a great personality and is extremely animated. I know he must be a "knock out" on stage. When my massage was finished, I went to my foot bath. No buzzard today, so I can enjoy a foot rub after. Yippee!!
I had magnetic field treatment directly following the foot bath. Mark came in while I was getting the treatment and wanted a picture with me. I told him that I would find him directly following my treatment. So, when my treatment ended, Mark had just walked back in to the room and we were able to get a couple photos snapped of us. I then had to wait for the Bio-mat treatment. The gossip girl Julia sat down next to me and asked me about my iPad. I told her that I love it and that I think it was a great investment. She wants to get on too, but everything is so expensive in Europe. THe Bio-mat treatment opened up and I said bye to Julia and got my treatment. I told Mark that I would stay for lunch today, since he's going home tomorrow.
At lunch, I sat with Mark and Two other patients. We talked about our different experiences and how we felt about the German approach to the Western approach. It turned out to be a very nice lunch. I enjoyed my salad, and the main course, which was a pan fried white fish and potato salad. We talked for a good hour following lunch until we had to break for appointments and I had to break for the hotel.
The weather was starting to look crummy again. I got invited to go to Munich tomorrow with Melanie and her Family to Listen to the Bon Jovi Concert from the grass outside of the stadium where he will be performing. This should be a fun experience.
I went back to the hotel room, where I watched some "Eastbound and Down". This is a pretty stupid show, but i love dumb comedy, so I'm watching it. I took a little nap, and when I woke up, I decided to go and get some dinner. I went to another Italian restaurant, It seems like thats all they have in this town for dinner restaurants. I ate some spaghetti, and a salad. It was raining pretty hard when I left the restaurant, so I had to walk very fast back to the hotel. Upon returning to the hotel I decided to write my blog. I started writing and fell asleep. I must have been really tired. So here's my blog. Thanks for the support. Love Lucas
No comments:
Post a Comment