Monday, May 13, 2013

days 16-19


            Hello everyone, it has been a few days. Let me start by saying that, not a whole lot of change has occurred. The weekend was pretty uneventful so, i'm not going to break each day down. Friday was a typical day at the klinik, Dr. Weber did let me know that my blood work had come back and that my numbers are still improving. Treatments were the same, Hyperthermia, magnetic field, bio mat, massage, footbath, Andulating massage, and Infusions.
            The weather all weekend was for lack of a better word “SHITTY”. It was raining, gloomy, and really cold. Not exactly the best weather to get outside in.  I spent most of the weekend indoors. It was depressing, and being without vehicle, and having a small hotel room in a small village, there wasn’t a whole lot to do. I got caught up on my sleep during the day and then spent the whole night wide-awake.
            One really cool thing that I did do was Face time with my kids. I haven’t been talking to them, as much this time because they are with their mother and I’d rather not deal with her at all right now. They were with my friends Leon and Ashleigh, and I love dealing with them. So we talked for a while, and when my dad came to get them for Leon’s, I got to talk with him as well. I am really homesick and can’t wait to get back to my children and friends.
Now it is Monday, and I'm still feeling pretty depressed from the gloomy weekend. Having so much alone time is not so good when you are going through all that I am going through. Cancer, and its healing process are one thing but an unfaithful spouse and all that comes with that are another. I am really feeling betrayed and don’t really know how to process all the feelings that I’m having. Does anyone know how to handle this? Dr. Weber says that he wishes he had a cure for these feelings, but he doesn’t.
            I went to the klinik with a stomachache, and did my hyperthermia. Dr. Weber came in to talk with me and said that he would like to ultra sound me. I was given some anti-nausea medication in my infusions. When my appointment was over, I went down to the dining area to eat a little something. Gunther was sitting there, and it was really nice to talk with him. I haven’t been seeing him that much lately, and I was glad to know that he’s all right. He has been going home on the weekends to stay with his family. He seems really happy. He also informed me that he is on a new chemo that is allowing him to make his own blood. This is a huge improvement for him, because he was getting transfusions everyday.
            After breakfast, I went to Marcus and he was like “ your late!” 
I said “nope!” but I was. So my appointment got canceled and I went upstairs to get my little blue appointment book to see what happened. Stephie scheduled me for 9:00 with Marcus, but put it down as 9:30 in my book. Miscommunication is all. I used this time to get an Ultrasound and there is nothing out of the ordinary going on inside of me. The legions on my liver haven’t really changed in size much but the one in my side is significantly smaller. Last time there wasn’t a whole lot of change while I was here as far as tumors were concerned, so I’m not that worried.
            10:00 foot bath with the “high flying scavenger”. I don’t understand why she needs to stand over me and the other patients. Maybe they don’t get uncomfortable, but I sure do. It is so awkward to have someone stare at you for lengths exceeding 5 seconds. She sat staring for two minutes; I could feel my blood boiling. Anyways, I couldn’t wait for that to be over. After my footbath, I had magnetic field. Nothing exciting about that treatment.
            I left the klinik, and went to the store. I needed to get some fruit, and some juice, and water. I also got some really good rolls and tuna salad. I went back to the hotel and made myself a tuna sando and watched some Vampire Diaries. I laid around for a couple of hours then decided to take a long, hot bath. I spent almost two hours in the tub and it was great. Its still pretty cold out, so I got bundled up and decided to get everyone caught up in the past couple of days. I hope that all the mothers had a very nice mothers day. I’m grateful for my mother, she goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to me, and my children. I love you momma. Thanks to everyone else for the support. Much love!  Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment