Good morning Germany. I am up at
5:45 and ready for an easy day of treatment before my trip to France. I ate an
apple so I wouldn’t have to take my medicine on an empty stomach. 6:45 and I
rode to the klinik for my 7:00 hyperthermia appointment. “Good morning Buzzard”
I thought to myself as she got me all setup on the hyperthermia table. I
brought my Ipad with me today so, I read the book “Way of the peaceful warrior”
This is a good read; I got lost in it.
When my appointment had ended, I went to breakfast. I had
scrambled eggs today, along with my bread and jam. Doug, the man from Australia
wasn’t at breakfast. This was weird because, he either is there when I get
there, or there are remains from his meal there. Richard asked me if I had seen
him, I said that I had not. I went upstairs to get a footbath, and while this
was going on I heard Richard ask the nurses if they had seen Doug. He said that he heard a crash sound
above his room earlier that morning. This bothered me because while I was
getting my hyperthermia, I heard a nurse call button alarm, and the buzzard
came into where I was, but her response time was like two minutes and it wasn’t
even me. This got me thinking that Doug might have fallen and rang his
emergency button, and had no response.
I didn’t hear anything else on
Doug, so I went on with my treatments. I had my andulating massage. It felt so
good that I fell asleep almost instantly. I woke up when the massage stopped,
and jumped onto the biomat before anyone else could. The klinik was really
packed today, a lot of outpatients. When my biomat was over, I was hoping that
I could get the magnetic field treatment. There were about five people in front
of me. About an hour and a half wait! I said, “Screw it” and left the klinik.
I got back to the hotel, and went
up to my room so I could lie around for a while before my trip. I watched some
Modern Family while I packed for my trip to France. The maids at the klinik did
some of my laundry for me. This was nice to have nice clean clothing to pick
from. I packed up my backpack, and made sure that I got all my batteries
charged. Around 1:30 I went into the bathroom and decided that the facial hair
had to go again. I had clippers this time so, I clipped the goatee and then straightened
it up. This is a must for me every couple of months, otherwise my beard and
mustache get all sorts of scraggly and annoying. After I shaved, I took a
shower.
Shower done, and now its time to
finish the last minute checklist, and throw on my traveling clothes. I left the
hotel and went to get something to eat on the train. When I rode out of the
parking lot, Angela was walking with her mom. I asked her if she heard anything
about Doug. She said that, she
heard he fell, but that was it. I really hope that he is ok. She said that she
as well didn’t spend a lot of time at the klinik today, because of how busy it
was. I needed to get on my way to the train station so, I said goodbye and rode
off.
I got to the train station at 3:00;
my train was at 3:11. I sat at the bench and watched the school kids coming in
packs to get back to their hometowns. The train was right on time, and I got
right in. Next stop was Rosenheim, and then I would switch to the Munich train.
I got on the Munich train and when I arrived at Munich, I had ten minutes to get
to the train for Stuttgart. I had to run so I could make it to the train on
time. I got in the very back and the seats were really comfortable, with fold
down tray tables. I was thinking that this was a very nice change from the
normal trains. When the ticket master came around, I found out that I was
actually sitting in a first class seat and that is why they were so nice. I got
the boot, and had to go find a seat in the 2nd class. There were no
seats, so I sat on the floor by one of the exits. It wasn’t that bad, I had my
headphones on and I was enjoying the ride.
The train came to a much slower
speed, and there were lots of announcements on the loudspeaker. Of course they
were in German, so I was unable to understand. Soon the doorway was getting
crowded with people and I asked if anyone spoke English. One guy said he did
and let me know what was going on. Apparently, one of the windows got broken,
so they were only allowed to go at the lowest speed. They were arranging trains
to take all the passengers. The man told me to follow him; he was going where I
needed to go. I followed him to a packed train, and we got turned around, they
told us that the other train was fine to continue the trip, so we ran back to
the original train we were on. It would not be a train trip for me without a
whole lot of mix up.
As the train made its way to the
next destination, I started to wonder if I would make my next connecting train.
This was a special train, not an hour on the hour train. The ticket master came
through and I asked. She told me that I would have been better off taking that
train that the old man led me too. FUCK!! I was supposed to get into Strasbourg
at 8:11, now I’m going to get there at 12:00 a.m. I’m really annoyed that this
nice and easy trip is turning into a fiasco, but that’s life right. I strapped
a big smile on my face, and kept on moving forward. I’ll make it eventually,
right? The next transfer was going to be at Stuttgart. I was told to go to
information when I got there.
We arrived in Stuttgart 45 minutes
late. I went to the information counter and there was a line of about thirty
people. I got in line behind a woman and then people started piling up behind
us. The line was slow moving, and this guy was slowly trying to cut his way in
front of me. I was not going to have that, but I let him believe that he was
going to get away with it. Right when we got to the entrance, I shimmied my way
back in front of him and he laughed, then almost simultaneously, some lady cut
in front of me. I was like “are you serious?” She looked at me and said, “I’ve
been in front of you the whole time.” I assured her that she was wrong but let
her go anyways. People are so lame when it comes to lines. Senses of entitlement
drive me crazy. I wish I could taze people some times.
When I got to the counter, the lady
told me that the next train didn’t leave for another fifty minutes and I would
have three transfers before I reached my destination, at midnight. Ok, let the
fun begin. I went to a little sandwich shop and got something to eat, and then
I walked down to the platform where my train would be taking off. I finished my
sandwich, and continued to wait for the train. The train finally got here and I
was back on the tracks towards France. No problems on this train, straightforward.
Arrived at next transfer without
any issues, I then proceeded to the next transfer. Then when this train ride
was over, I was ready for my final transfer to Strasbourg. When I followed the
signs to the platform, it was kind of creepy. It was all-dark and there was a
long path. It all looked a bit sketchy to me, but I followed the path and it
brought me to this lonely platform. There were about seven people standing
there, and they were all looking a bit exhausted. I had a twenty-minute wait
before the train was going to come. I was excited though because this is the
last transfer in my long day of traveling, and transfers. The train arrived and
I got on. The trip took about a half hour, I called Chantal, to let her know
that I was close and to come pick me up from the train station.
When I got to Strasbourg, I walked
out to the front of the station to wait for my ride. Strasbourg is way bigger
then I thought it was. There was a lot of action going on, on the streets too.
I started to get a little worried that I got off at the wrong train station. I
called Andre and he said I was at the right place, just then I saw Chantal, Antonin,
and Sandra. They were all excited to see me, and I was really happy to see
them. We got in the car, and
Antonin was driving. In Europe, the kids have to wait until they are eighteen
to drive. He is a little new at big city driving and we ended up taking the
scenic route. I thought it was funny, the last time I saw this kid, he was
almost fourteen and driving me around on a golf cart.
We made it to the house around
12:40 a.m. and Chantal offered me some white asparagus, fresh from the farmers
market. I also had some, prociutto, and ham with a baguette. The food was
delicious. We sat and talked until 2:30, and then we all decided to go to bed
and continue in the morning. I wanted to get my blog out so here it is. Another
wonderful adventure for me. I love you all, Lucas
No comments:
Post a Comment